The Nature of God
The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three separate gods
"...the Godhead. Not one person in three, nor three persons in one; but the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one in essence, as the hearts of three men who are united in all things."
-Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol.6, pg95-96, 11/29/1857
God is one - Trinity
Book of Mormon
- II Nephi 26:12 "...it must needs be that the Gentiles be convinced also that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God;"
- II Nephi 31:21 "...of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen"
- Mosiah 5:15 "...that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent..."
- Mosiah 15:1-4 "I would that ye should understand that God himself shall come down among the children of men, and shall redeem his people. And because he dwelleth in flesh he shall be called the Son of God, and having subjected the flesh to the will of the Father, being the Father and the Son - The Father, because he was conceived by the power of God; and the Son, because of the flesh; thus becoming the Father and the Son-And they are one God, yea, the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth."
- Mosiah 16:15 "Teach them that redemption cometh through Christ the Lord, who is the very Eternal Father. Amen"
- Alma 11:38-39,44 "And Zeezrom saith again unto him: Is the Son of God the very Eternal Father? And Amulek said unto him: Yea, he is the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth, and all things which in them are; he is the beginning and the end, the first and the last;...Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God..."
- Ether 3:14 "...Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son..."
- Mormon 7:7 "...unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God..."
- Testimony of three witnesses(last line) "And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God"
Doctrine and Covenants
- Section 20:28 "Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen."
- Genesis 1:26-27 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...So God created man in his own image."
- John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
- John 10:30 "I and my Father are one."
- I John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
- Mark 12:29 "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord."
- I Corinthians 12:5-6 "And there are differences of administration, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all."
- I Corinthians 12:12 "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ."